Tehama County Public Works has the discretionary authority to issue special permits for the movement of vehicles/loads exceeding statutory limitations on the size, weight, and loading of vehicles. Requests for such special permits requires the completion of an application for a Transportation Permit.
STAA Interstate Truck Routes
The County, with Caltrans approval for access, designates the following STAA Interstate Truck Routes on County roads:
- South Avenue – Interstate 5 to State Route 99
- Gyle Road – Between Interstate 5 and 99W
- 99W – Between Gyle Road north to Interstate 5 in Red Bluff
Transportation Permit Fee Schedule
(Over-height, Over-width, Over-weight)
(Construction Equipment, Mobile Homes, Special Equipment, House Move)
a. Construction Equipment (Maximum: H = 15', W = 14', L = 90')
b. Mobile Homes (Maximum: 12')
* Fees subject to change *
Special services necessitated by unusually large or heavy loads requiring Engineering investigations or other services shall be billed separately for each permit.
Transportation Permittee shall provide evidence of insurance covering Bodily Injury and Property Damage in the minimum amounts of $100,000.00 each person, $300,000.00 each occurrence and $500,000.00 each aggregate.
Note: The submit button may not engage depending on your browser.
If the submit button does not engage please follow the instructions below to email your completed permit application for review.
- Download the form to your device.
- Complete the form to the best of your ability and save it.
- Open your email application and compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach the saved PDF to the email and press send.